CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 30, 2004

Owning up to Purpose...

I know it may seem kind of obvious, but it's true. You have to own up to your destiny. You have to fulfill your purpose here, or your life has existed for naught. Why am I saying this again? Well, most of the time, I try to avoid what it is that I am meant to do; only out of fear. Fear of failure, fear of not being the right type of person, and fear of just not being good enough. Some may say, "Why did you say failure and then follow that up with not being good enough?" Well, because failing implies that you were completely unsuccessful. Just like if you started a business, and didn't make any money. On the other hand, not being good enough, to me that means that you are able to carry out the task at hand, but not enough to be considered a success. Just like starting that business, and breaking even, or "Just gettin' by..." That's not good enough. If I'm going to be a leader, I must first be an instructor. (Editor's note: If you research the word instructor, it means "boy leader" or an apprentice.) If I'm to be an instructor, I have to have a mentor or a teacher to guide me, as I guide others. Teach me and instill in me what it takes to be one who is an influential leader to many and to few. Now I just have to start!?!?!?

Oh well...

1 comments:

Liz said...

I HATE THAT DANG SONG!!! AND I am irked by the cluckers that insist on dropping it like it's hot and doing that dang eagle dance or whatever it is... Nelly is the WORSTE (okay maybe not as bad as Ray J) ... and that's not hatin'. It just is what it is!