CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 06, 2004

Labor Day...

I am feeling a little better about having my schedule maxed out. I mean, it could always be worse. I have two jobs, I have friends, and I am comfortable right now. My "holiday" wasn't too fantastic. I stayed home all day until it was time for me to go to work at Dollar General. I believe that Dollar General has a really, intricate management selection process. I believe that they either get people that either have had absolutely no retail experience at all or just people who flunked out of micro-management school. They have no concept of how to schedule people ahead of time. The schedule doesn't usually come out until one day after the schedule is supposed to start. For instance, my schedule for this week was suppose to come out on Thursday, it started on Saturday, but hopefully, I will find out what it is on Tuesday when I get in. They have no concept of what it is to call people to let them know their hours have been cut, and usually when you are scheduled, they only have a very VAUGUE idea of what it is they wanted you to do. But other than that, it's nice. Well, if I don't mind getting paid thirty-five cents a day. Well, like I said, it could be worse.

At least I'm shaving the debt I have away nickel by nickel. My battles with myself are getting better. After each round, I have less blood to mop up that came out of my spirit man. The thing that makes the fight so difficult is that it seems like my flesh never gets tired...I probably lost most of you by now, but that's okay...Just know that I have more faith in my future now than I've ever had, and that's cool...

0 comments: