CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Well, it could be worse...

At my fantastic job at Dollar General, I am now the cashier when it's an all-guy shift. They say it's because I have better people skills, but I think it's because they just don't like "cashiering," if that's even a noun...but anyway, I was at the register. At the end of the day, the old manager said that both my drawer and his brother's girlfriend's drawer were even, (isn't that kinda suspicious that she works for her boyfriend's brother???), but the petty cash was short by fifty dollars. So, since it wasn't short from my register, I left and went home. The next day I came in, and the new manager said that Brian, (the old manager), said that my drawer was short fifty dollars...I KNEW I didn't take the money, so I wasn't worried. It just concerned me that this was brought to me like that...I told her what went down the other night before I left, told her that his brother is in rehab, so the girlfriend is coming up short for rent money, and I also told her that he said before I left that I was not short, and to not worry about it. So she reviewed the tape with my suggestion, (I mean, I had nothing to hide, so why not?), she saw that I did not take any money from the register, so I was in the clear...and that's good, but still. That guy is a racist liar, so I'm really not feeling him at all right now. I know I'm still suppose to forgive, but I really won't forget this.

2 comments:

Liz said...

That sucks! I used to be a part-time teller supervisor at a bank and one day when I came in a little late the day supervisor settled the vault with someone else since i wasn't there. When I went to settle it that night, It was short by a box of pennies ($50). I went through the routine of auditing everyone's drawers and couldn't find it so we went home... next day they tried to blame me for the missing box of pennies... like I walked out the bank with a big ass box of pennies under my arm... I really had to defend myself and point out "How do I know it wasn't short from the three o'clock settlement?" they still pinned it on me but I say all that to say it sucks when you are being accused, directly or indirectly, of stealing!!

The Humanity Critic said...

That does suck, but when something like that happens to me i just put it in my "mental roledex". Always remember how they came to you with that foolishness and use it as ammunition for a later date..lol