CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Retarded People

Most of you all know by now that I work part-time at a community college here in Waukegan. I have complained on numerous occasions about people acting all retarded in my labs...this is the kicker though....

Today, a Black co-worker of mine who is in the lab on his off-time is complaining to me about the printer. He is saying how I should be doing my job, and I should be in the room at all times so he can print. Now, normally speaking, this is all well and fine, but he doesn't really know what my job is here. See, I get paid more than he does. A considerable amount more. So, with that, I have more responsibility...There is always more than one lab open, and there is always one lab assistant for each lab. Being the fact that I get paid more, I have to do more stuff...all he has to do when he is here is monitor the lab that he is sitting in...that's it. Meanwhile, I have to monitor the lab, open and set up multiple classes, and troubleshoot for the classes in session. I have a walkie-talkie. Not him. He thinks that I have it SO easy...whatever. Then I tell him what the problem is, and he gets all whacked out on me, complaining that I am wrong, and he is right. First off, I've been here longer than him...Second, I have taken two years worth of CompSci classes...of the Engineering sort...I think he might be a general studies major...Third, this has happened before, this current printer problem, and now it is doubled with a whole new problem...so it isn't as easy as clearing a paper jam...Forth, if every time you print, the paper jams, wouldn't you think it was much more than an alignment problem? I guess not...maybe I am the retarded one...

I doubt it.

1 comments:

Toya said...

lol@i have a walkie talkie...see he doesnt know any better...once he finds out what you do, he's either going to try to kiss up, or really going to hate on you, no you're not retarded...just a dork :-)