CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Understanding...

Yes, I know by now y'all are tired of me going all deep on you, but I can't help it:


Understanding. It is something often reached for, but never quite grasped. The problem with my generation is the "IKE" mentality. Meaning, I Know Everything...don't trip, I even fall into this category myself, that's why I find this epiphany so ironic. Once we come into "our own" as far as knowledge is concern, we tend to lend a deaf ear to those who have wisdom on situations that you are approaching. So instead of attaching yourself to that wise individual, and soaking up their tutelage, you slight them, and turn away. The worst part about it is that we treat God the same way...he cracks open the window of Revelation, and we now think we are omniscient...he gives us one-seventh of one percent of his understanding to stand on, and we think that we can see the future of the whole world...

I'll leave you with this: Consider yourself a coin, and consider God a hand. Place the coin in your hand. Now make a fist over that coin...when you feel like your troubles are surrounding you, and you can't breathe because everything is getting too close and too tight, that is just God making a fist around you so he can fight your battles for you. You are more than a conqueror...and God always holds you in his hand. Even when you walk away, he still has your back, and he still loves you.


I hope that helps someone because it has helped me.

Take care Y'all!

3 comments:

Liza Valentino said...

This is funny, I just blogged a few days ago about this conversation I had with this guy who was FULL of the IKE mentality. He even went so far to say that no one who wasn't older than him can teach him anything. We tried to tell him that there may be someone way younger than him that has experienced something he hasn't and can offer him guidance but he wouldnt hear it.

I really like the analogy of the fist and the coin. I will try to remember it next time I'm going through.

Toya said...

aint nothing wrong with you going all deep on us....but what you're saying is so true...instead of listening to what God tells someone, alot of people figure that they can do it on their own...and that analogy was tight :-)

Toya said...

dang i reread that again, i felt that, felt that in my spirit...that kinda made me want to go do a run around the church, i mean this computer lab, lol...gone head preacher man! ;-)