CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 02, 2009

Fast Times at Ridgemont High...



This wasn't suppose to be just a poster...it was a post. I wrote this lovely heartfelt piece that was magically deleted when I hit the publish button...maybe that was a good thing, maybe it wasn't...but I do have a new outlook on how things are at the moment.


Before I moved out here, people kept telling me..."Why are you moving so fast?"

...and I wasn't hearing it, but now, now I feel what they were saying. It does feel kinda fast. It does. But I don't regret the move. I don't regret the decision to propose...I don't regret us getting married this month...I do regret not having a surplus of cash, and I regret her roomate still being here even though she said she was going to be long gone by now...but whatever.


I know this move is going to strech me, pull me in ways that I have never experienced in life...make me feel...different. A good different, but different none the less. I have someone that depends on me now...and it's...odd. I like it, but to know that I am no longer responsible for just myself is a strange thing to grab onto initially.

I'm not saying that she needs me to do everything for her, but in watching her life without me, I see the gaps. I see the things that she doesn't do because she's too busy, or tired, or she just doesn't know how...and I try to do that for her...help her so that her life is easier. I don't know if that is truly what you do in a marriage...but it seems like it. I do notice things that she does for me that I never would've done...or I never would have thought of...it's nice...but weird.


But I do love it.


It's also just weird being away from home. There are times during the day when I feel like, "What time am I landing at O'Hare when I get home?" But this is home now...I live in Palmyra...I live in New Jersey. I can see Philadelphia just accross the river. There are bridges all over the place here...it's...it's fast, it's strange, and it's my new life.


...and I'm enjoying it.



Be Safe or Be Smitten.

2 comments:

Liz said...

weirdo

Nina said...

wait! what? married this month???