CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 23, 2009

I know...

...it's been forever since I last posted, so I'll try to catch y'all up since I have a few hours to kill:


I'm at Panera right now sponging off of their wireless and drinking coffee...I feel so important. You know when you see those guys over at a table by themselves using the computer and sipping coffee? Today that's me! Ha! I know, right?


...anyway, I went to the inauguration the other day. It was interesting. I mean, I couldn't really see anything besides other people. I wasn't close enough to see Barack, or even the screen showing the inauguration...but being there was special. I saw things that I know I would've never known about unless I was there...like the Barack Obama mixtapes. Or the Barack Obama Bubble crystal paper weights, or the keychain version...or the knit caps...or the super bogus bootleg t-shirts. All of the black people...the old black women wearing furs of animals that varied from mink to ferret pelts...the guy wearing a jacket made from blue-backed gorilla...the guy that wore sugar cookie shoes to middle school because his Spaulding sneakers were stolen...it was eventful.


I don't think I've ever seen that many people in one place...for anything. There were some downfalls...a woman that was wearing a coat made of walrus moustache said some threatening things to Liz's sister...and I lost it on her...while I was eating Pringles. This white dude was pushing me, so I had to rib check him with my elbow and hip...but it is a memory that I will have for the rest of my life...in my grandmother's lifetime, they wouldn't serve you lunch at the same counter that they would serve white people in North Carolina...and now we have a Nigerian-Hawaiian/Black American president...who would have ever known...




On another note:

I have a job! Well, I haven't started working yet, but I am starting on Febuary 16th with Comcast...that'll be cool. I'll get free cable and free high-speed internet. I'm excited about working there...it's been so long since I worked, I know it's going to feel weird waking up to go sit somewhere for 8 hours...but I know I'll do well, and everything will work out.



I'M MARRIED!

Yeah, I haven't posted in forever because I wasn't sure if I was going to write about being married...I am so happy being Liz's husband, you have no idea. If you go back to this time last year...man, I wasn't feeling marriage. I mean, I wanted to be married, but I didn't think that I was going to be within a year. It's crazy, right? We didn't do anything large, because, well, for one, we couldn't afford to at the time, and I didn't have the opprotunity to have anyone here...so we are going to have a more traditional ceremony later on this year to have all of my loved ones present...but I'm just so happy. I had no idea that I would ever meet Liz in real life when I first started reading her blog...and as silly as it sounds, I really liked her back then...about 4-5 years ago. Then she dissapered...deleted her blog...and I was SO sad about it, I didn't know what to do...I kept up with my blog for a while, but since she wasn't there to read it, I just stopped writing all together...but because of how God works, and because he made her for me...he made her for me before I was even born...he urged her to email me...encouraged me to write again...and now I'm married. I feel like Tom Hanks in Castaway when he was back home drinking out of a glass with ice in it...it's, it's unbelieveable. It's unbelieveable because I had given up. I had given up on finding someone that actually fit the characteristics that I picked out in my head as a 17 year old boy...I figured that person didn't exist... or that I didn't deserve to be happy...that my expectations were too inflated, that I needed to shave down my list, and settle for someone that I could tolerate instead of love...and then this happened. Everytime I think about it, I get choked up. You never know how good God is, and how much he loves you until you have given up...until you see no hope...until you have run out of options.

I was watching Katt Williams the other day, the "It's Pimpin' Pimpin'" comedy special, and he said something that I could definately identify with. He compared the tiger at the zoo to black men. You keep trying and trying, but you are still a real tiger in a fake environment, with fake food, and people staring at you...and despite all you try, the stuff that you were taught isn't working...and then something happens to make you feel like a real tiger again...I'm not going to spoil it, just watch the special; it had some great social comedy in it...with explitives scattered throughout.

I said that to say this...I felt like nothing was working for me, I had changed myself so much, that I forgot what I was actually looking for...I kept adapting to women that were no good for me...kept changing and changing, and trying...but it wasn't working...then she came. She saved me from myself. I was ready to give up...not on women, but on trying...but I guess that is where faith comes in...because just before I'm ready to just give up, I say to myself, "If this isn't for me...if I'm suppose to be alone, then that I will be...if I'm not suppose to do this anymore, then I won't...but I know YOU will tell me what to do in the end." Then things just work out. And it's beautiful.

I know I'm going to be angry with Liz sometimes, and I already have been since we have been married...but you just have to know that in the big picture, that stuff doesn't matter, because she is down for me...all day long. And I'm there for her as much as humanly possible...and it's dope. It's one of the best things besides the love of God that I have ever experienced in my entire life.



I love you all, and I'm going to make my rounds around blogworld now...


Be Safe or Be Smitten.

2 comments:

Nina said...

aww, chris.

i swear, i want to shed a tear on some real ish. i'm glad you are happy. i am glad you guys are married. i am ecstatic men like you still exist and that liz is able to have you.

it's never a fairy tale. it's not roses every day. but you're making me believe in love again.

and i hope to get an invite to the formal ceremony. maybe we can do a blogger paypal pot. i'll donate to that fund for real.

anywhosies! glad to see you writing again.

B.Good said...

Congrats!!