CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 02, 2009

Federal Expressed

I've finally emptied out the moving truck, now I just need to find where everything is...the small stuff...like...my phone charger, my other pair of glasses, my mind.


Well...I do still have my mind, but one thing really got to me about this trip, and it happened before I left Illinois.


I was looking to sell my car before I left town, but I really didn't proactively search for buyers, so as I loaded my moving truck, I was leaning toward just keeping it, and storing it somewhere in town until I have enough to get the car fixed, and just drive it back to New Jersey. About two hours after I made that decision in my head, my neighbor asked me if I was still looking to sell it...and because she was elderly and black, I decided to cut her a break...basically selling it to her for nothing, but I did tell her these things first: I don't have the title out, it's packed away in a box somewhere on the moving truck...I can find it after I get to New Jersey and send it to you. There are a few things wrong with it, and this is where you can get it fixed, etc etc. And honestly, for the amount of money she paid for the car, I'm not quite sure what she expected. You can't get a good mountain bike for the price she paid for my joint...but whatever.


So, like, two hours later, she pops up at my door telling me that she can't register the car yet without the title...and I looked at her like, 'Ummmm, I'm sure you can't...which is why I said I'd send the title to you once I get to New Jersey. You have the keys, and I'm going to be in another state...so I'll send it to you once I get there.' She keeps asking me to stop moving my things into the truck, and go with her to file for a lost title. Since I only had maybe an hour and a half worth of work left, I told her that I would do it when I finish...reasonable, right?

...about 40 minutes later, my other neighbor needed to get into her spot behind the house, and it was being blocked by my moving truck, so she asked me if I could pull out so she can park...so I went downstairs and I saw the Crown Vic was in the driveway too, so in order for me to move, I had to get the other neighbor to move as well...so we asked her twice to come out and move the car, but she never left her apartment, and the car never budged an inch. I looked at the other neighbor, and her face said the same thing I was thinking...'What the hell is taking so long???'


...so what happened? This broad called the police. The neighbor I was trying to help out by selling her a car for little to nothing called the police and told them that I was refusing to give her the title of the car.

Amazing.


I was SO LIVID...I tore up her bill of sale, threw her money at her, and snatched the keys from her hands. I mean, the police even told her that this had nothing to do with them, and if she agreed to the terms in the contract that she signed, there was really nothing else she could even do legally...but I really just didn't want the hassle...but I can honestly say that was the only time I've ever wanted to punch an older woman in the face...



I don't get it. Do you?

6 comments:

Darius T. Williams said...

Oh my...that's such a mess. I tell you - the people in this world are crazy. BUT good for you for tearing up the bill of sale - lol. Now, didn't I ask you about the car before you left?!?!? I would have paid the full 800.00 for it!

Liz said...

not too mention that is also the same chick you GAVE a sofa to and pretty much GAVE a TV to... AND was giving her rides to the store and what not. anyway, she is retarded. which is why she is in the situation she is in... i am mad all over again.

Janelle said...

If you would have punched her....I would've had your back...she deserved it!

Jon Content said...

DON'T TRUST THEM NEW N!&&@$ OVER THERE....

lol

Life gets better in Jersey

Nina said...

oh my gosh!

amazing!

Chandra01 said...

lol