CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 15, 2004

Not sure...

I've been complaining to myself and to my mother that I have nothing to write about as far as my poetry is concerned...but I'm not sure if I enjoy what I'm writing about. I thought for a while that maybe my writing of current events was giving me nothing to talk about, but that really isn't the case. The only thing that really gives me inspiration to write is when I'm having some sort of internal conflict...and that in turn causes pain, or some other type of discomfort. I don't quite enjoy it, but I do enjoy the release that my writing allows me to experience. It isn't crazy, so don't think that. It's not like I enjoy going through difficult times just so I can write poetry, that isn't the case. It's just that the only way people in general can appreciate what is bestowed upon them is to have either something bad happen to them, or have whatever that is taken away from them. Sort of the same as the whole balance between good and evil. I use to have this big personal conflict with the existence of Satan. I didn't really understand why he was even around...then I started to understand that God already knew that Lucifer was going to fall, and that was part of the reason behind his creation. For no one can really appreciate God unless they have something to compare it to. Sort of like you don't appreciate being rich unless you have been poor/middle class. Or you don't appreciate a good cook until you have dined on the results from a bad cook...but on another note, I REALLY ENJOY HAVING BACK MY LICENSE!!!

1 comments:

Toya said...

hey thanks for hitting me back....yea i'm trying not to go over board, but this is my last year of school...i just finished my dresser assignment for this play, but i have to direct a scene for my directing class and get all the actors i need, and then i have to write two 30 minute plays by dec. 1st! i'm trying not to stress out though, but at least i will be able to go home next week for thanksgiving break and sleep and relax, but i need to try to write about something...and hopefully i wont fall asleep at the wrong place and time...i hope you feel better since i see the post about you going to the hospital, i will check back later for new post :)