CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 29, 2004

Thanksgiving Day

Well, I know it's kinda late to be writing about Thanksgiving Day, but it took me a while to debate whether or not to talk about it...
Thanksgiving Day was cool, kinda chill though. I ate dinner with my parents, and my grandma came over and brought some greens and her sweet potato pies...Everything was good, but right after dinner was over, I ran downstairs and changed clothes so I can go over to Kristen's house for Thanksgiving "Dessert"... Yeah, I just said dessert, but before I get into that, let me explain who Kristen is.
Kristen is a friend that I met in January of last year. It was kind of an accidental meeting through a mutual acquaintance, but I met her none the less...any way, I have been in contact with her since. Nothing too major. I just would talk to her while at school and I would talk to her on the telephone. I mean, I would've taken her out, but I was on the bus...my license was suspended at that time...but yeah, I told her that I was interested in her, but I wanted to take the time to get to know her better...
So, I got dressed, grabbed the two bottles of non-alcoholic chardonnay that I bought the night before and raced out the door. It took me about twenty minutes to find her house, but it should have only took ten. I finally found a parking spot, and walked up to her door. Her house looked like something that belonged in an episode of "Leave it to Beaver", but it wasn't corny...I looked to my left as I walked in and saw a full-blown dining room table spread. The turkey was even in the center of the table...I didn't think that people really do the whole table spread like that, but it did look nice. Her mom was busy cleaning off the table; she fit the house, a black June Cleaver...she had the apron on and the whole nine. She smiled and thanked me for the bottles, checked to make sure that they weren't alcohol, and she retrieved her daughter. When Kristen swept through the hall, she had a huge smile on her face. I greeted her, and then the introductions began. I think I shook all of the hands in the house...but then we came around to her father. I think that she purposely introduced me to him last so he could have time to get caught up in an after-dinner conversation with one of his friends. So it wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be. I did really enjoy myself very much at her house. I talked a lot with her brother, who is one year older than me, and I met her older sister, who is like, 27. They are cool people...but that really didn't surprise me. I figured they would all carry the same basic traits, and they do. They are all very intelligent, hard working, and interesting. I do think that I really like her though...I just don't really know where I want to take her though. I mean, I could do something normal, like go to the movies, or take her to dinner, or both...but I want to do something special with her. I mean, I really like her...but I don't know. I guess I will figure out something.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take her to the beach after the movies or something. Or since it's getting cold, take her ice skating. Maybe to a poetry reading since you like poetry. Or to the museum or something. Or if it gets, i doubt it, but a little warm, have a picnic! :-)

Toya said...

i dont know why it said i posted that as anonymous...that was me that posted above, but blogger was messing up the other day when i was trying to post.

Chris said...

I don't know yet...I was thinking maybe to an art mueseum...