CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 09, 2008

The Wackness



One and a half days left before the big kiss off with the company I'm working at now. It's cool though, I understand; I mean, it does make me feel more justified with all the liberties I've been taking with this job as of late...because, honestly, it is completely ridiculous to look forward to going to work so I can watch an episode of Dexter I missed because I don't have Showtime...

But life is funny that way. I just watched 'The Wackness' here at work...it was pretty good. I found the Sundance submittance dvd online...basically it was about the summer of a lower middle-class 17 year old Jewish boy that went to school with rich kids set in the mid '90's...btw did I mention he's a weed dealer that loves A Tribe Called Quest and Biggie? It talks about his first crush, first real kiss, first time, first heartbreak...basically everything you go through from 15-18...but for him, it all happens over one summer. It was a dope film, and if you are into indie flicks, I suggest you check it out.

I'm not going to go into how I related to him in some way, but really...anyone can find parallels in their own lives when they were around that age...and the soundtrack really helped, because when I went through some of that stuff, that was the music that I was listening too...

I guess I am going to relate this to me...there is this one quote in the movie that goes something like this:

"Know what your problem is, Shapiro? It's that you just have this really $hitty way of looking at things, ya know? I don't have that problem. I just look at the dopeness. But you, it's like you just look at the wackness, ya know?"

I mean, it's not a deep quote, but it is so true...no matter how hard I try, I focus on the wackness...and there is no point in doing so. I mean, with all the dope stuff going on around me, and all the dope stuff that I have experienced...why not focus on the dopeness? The wackness will happen, and it can't be stopped, but if it's focused on, you'll lead a miserable life. Gotta strive for the dopeness...


Be Safe or Be Smitten.

1 comments:

Mz.Sullivan said...

I wanted to see this...the soundtrack is crazy...