CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Love Hater

Hater of Love...not really, but I'm listening to that song on the Love Below...great CD.




Since I couldn't think of a good title for this, I'm just gonna write it:



So I have this thing about writing...I mean, I enjoy it, but only on my own terms. I use to write poetry, but most cats didn't get it. It wasn't about doing the horizontal polka, and it wasn't about supreme mathematics, or the great oppression of the negro race...it was about life, and ignorant ni&&@s... and since I'm a fan of literary devices, my poetry is overloaded with them...


I said that to say this. I really don't like poetry much anymore. It bores me. Is that wrong? Now, to make sure that no one mistakes me for a 15th century monarch, WRITING poetry bores me. I liked writing using the classic rules of poetry...people now just say stuff that rhymes, and it sounds like Dr. Seuss after happy hour.

Now, also, I'm not hating. There ARE good poets out there, but locally, in my crappy little town, they are few and far between. I mean, I love sex...I really do, and most aspects of it I am quite fond of. If I could take classes to advance myself, I would be working on my third PhD...but just because I'm in the Orgasm Fan Club, that doesn't mean I want to hear you molest my aural senses with your verbal wet dream. There is this reoccurring poet that comes to my town and does this poem...I swear it's 30 minutes long...all about giving oral to some chick. I kinda know who inspired the poem, which doesn't help my disdain for it, but it is really overkill. Maybe I don't want to hear it because I'm hating, which I'm not...maybe I don't want to hear it because it's too long...maybe I don't want to hear it because I don't have a vagina...not sure. I mean, like I said earlier...the actions the poem discusses are nice, but I don't want to hear it every week...for 30 minutes.
I also don't want to hear how crappy your life is, and if you must tell me, be creative. Pick up a thesaurus. Be clever. Be witty. Paint your pain with a stroke of genius. Just don't say stuff like this:
My life sucks...
I feel more pointless than a rubber duck.
I don't have any money...WTF
I'm down on my luck,
I feel like I'm stuck.
If I fall in a pit, I'll be covered in muck.
...that's about how the stuff is...the epitome of imbecility...the duke of drivel, prince of poppycock...do you get my point?
So you may feel that because I don't write anymore, I can't have anything to say...if you feel that way, you can sift through your life and see if you can sympathize with anything other than your own ambitions...
I'll leave you with one of my favorite statements:
It's always better to be clever than intelligent. Being an intellect, you only rely on what you have already come to know; but by being a clever man, you subject yourself to new ideas and theories, and by doing so, you'll be able to figure out any situation.
-Me
Yeah, that's mine. I hope if someone does steal it, they are able to use it effectively.
Be Safe or Be Smitten!

2 comments:

Liz said...

like the quote. i SUCK at writing poetry but i love other peoples poems (drunk dr. suess poems aside). just like i can't rap worth a dayum but i love people who can REALLY freestyle... real talent. love it.
have you ever thought about writing a novel? i mean you do have time on your hands right? *baby stab*
but seriously, african-american fiction needs some serious help. if i see another omar-tyree-eric-jerome-dickey-esque ghetto story, i am going to scream! (no offense to eric jerome dickey or omar tyree or anyone who reads that stuff)

Liz said...

p.s. text messages are GREAT! not at all archaic like carrier pigeons... **humph**