CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 26, 2008

At least it's Friday

I know I was in a funk yesterday, and as soon as I inhaled the air outside the office, most of it lifted...the rest was gone after I talked to my gf and my mom about it...I guess I've just recognized the fact that I tend to take a negative path when I get worried about something, and because that's all I think can happen, that's all I ALLOW to happen. I can't think negative or I'll be negative.


Honestly, that's the easiest thing to think, because it requires no action on your part for it to happen. Essentially, for the negative to come to pass, you have to lack the unction to press beyond that reality into the one that was waiting for you all along...you just had to recognize and accept it...and accepting it is what is so difficult. Whether you are accepting a new way of living or even a new way of looking at something, if you didn't come up with it, you can reject it without even trying. Without even knowing if it's right, wrong, or even useful. You have to understand that illumination of your situation can come from the most unlikely source...and it will keep being told to you from different sources until you choose to accept it...and if you don't accept it, you will remain in the state that you are in.


So what am I saying? I guess I'm saying don't be so difficult. Don't be so closed off that you can't accept new information, new ideas, new ways of looking at something or someone. More often than not, when you are in a bad situation, it's for a reason...sometimes you just need to realize something, sometimes you just need to do something that you have neglected...sometimes you have to just accept the fact that you cannot control everything, and even if you could, you would still be miserable.


"So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

-Matthew 6:34



Be Safe or Be Smitten