CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I Glow in the Dark

To say the very least…


THE CONCERT WAS AMAZING!!!

I mean, it did have it’s faults, but overall, it was well worth it.


I wasn’t able to take pictures of the concert, so you’ll have to be subject to whatever I can find online.



Lupe’s set was…ok. I mean, I really love Lupe Fiasco from mixtapes to albums…but his performance wasn’t what I thought it would be. He didn’t have a band, only a DJ…and he didn’t really get to use that much of the stage. For what he was able to work with it was hot; and honestly, if he had Rihanna follow his performance, I would’ve liked his more that I do…but I’ll get to Rihanna a little later. He also had no type of stage props for the show…but I guess that’s because he didn’t get that big of a section of the stage.


N.E.R.D.’s set was ridiculous…in a good way. It was dope. They did Everybody Nose and Spaz from the new album…they did Brain and Lapdance from In Search Of… and a couple from Fly or Die… They had a decent size screen behind them showing random colors and designs during the show, and they had a full band with two drummers. During part of Everybody Nose they threw towels out into the audience…listen to the song so you can know what I’m talking about. Chris Brown came out and danced during Spaz…I wonder why he was there? Hmmm…



Rihanna…well, she’s Rihanna. She was pretty. Her voice sounded good…but it was boring. There was no band…just a guitar player and a bass player that you never really heard. She didn’t wear anything as nice as what I showed…it was like a glorified pajama set. It was ok, but I kinda wish I went to find a souvenir during her portion of the show.



Kanye, Kanye, Kanye…what can I say about his performance? It was great. Theatrical, entertaining, captivating…there was never a boring spot. There was fire, smoke, moving parts, a screen the width of the stage, with another the size of a movie screen in front of that…it was an awesome show! Very interactive. I mean, if you enjoy hip-hop, or even if you enjoy concerts…his is one that you must see. I mean, even if it has been to your city already, you need to take a trip to his next show…the panned shot is one I found of the concert on the internet…


So overall, it was definitely something that I’m glad I had the opportunity to experience.

Other than that…I’m ok. I had a chill weekend. I went to Kwayland’s for a barbeque, and that was cool. Did laundry on Monday…it was needed.


I am starting to heal from past hurts…it’s tough though. I always blame myself for things that don’t work out, but right now I’m not. I’m starting to figure out that everything isn’t my fault. That makes me feel so much better about things…I can’t say that the new chick isn’t accelerating that process though…she is really in my corner…I could see something from this. Something big.

3 comments:

Liz said...

the concert sounds hot! i'm glad you enjoyed it... i missed it when it was in philly... maybe next time.

healing is def a good thing. you can't let other people's issues affect you... remember what you wrote...
"I know that I am a complete individual, but I can't solve my own issues if I'm editing yours..."

that says it all...

Keli said...

Why didn't you buy me a ticket and take me with you? I wanted to laugh at Kanye's dancing too! Just kidding (not really). Glad you enjoyed yourself and where's my t-shirt?

Travis Brown said...

wow
i missed the DC show
[i know this was posted some months ago]

but reading this makes me regret missing it.