CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

You'll Need half of your Bubble bath to match my Freshness...

I’m not really sure how I feel today. I know I’m bored, and because I’m bored I’m sleepy…slowest…day…ever. Nothing to do. I’ve had 16 calls all day. Just finished lunch, 4.5 hours to go.


Have you ever met someone that feels like they could bring the best out of you? But you were afraid you were going to mess it up? Just wondering.

How come people don’t make quality albums anymore? I mean, what would be a 15 year old’s top ten albums?

Hurricane Chris
DJ UNK
Lil’ Boosie
Soulja Boy
Shawty Lo
V.I.C.
Flo Rida
Lil’ Wayne
DJ Khaled
Rocko

I mean, that was in no particular order…and as funny as it may seem, this probably isn’t too far off from what these young cats listen to. I mean, at the risk of sounding like I’m 67 and saying I went to all of the Isley Brothers concerts…that isn’t quality. I mean, some of them are catchy. I love “Dey Know” in the club…but I mean, dude can’t even come up with more than one rhyme scheme. And as much as I love my money in a “Brown Paper Bag”, DJ Khaled isn’t even an artist…he just puts the people together. The only noteworthy person on the list is Wayne, and he’s a punch line MC that wants to be a lounge singer. I mean, if I had to come up with a list of just rap/hip hop that isn’t the traditional list that you ALWAYS see, (i.e. Ready to Die from Biggie, Illmatic from Nas…), it would be as follows…in no particular order:

The Love Below – Andre’ 3000
Hell Hath No Fury – The Clipse
Black on Both Sides – Mos Def
Reflection Eternal – Talib Kweli and Hi-Tek
Food & Liquor – Lupe Fiasco
Late Registration – Kanye West
Fly or Die – N.E.R.D.
American Gangster – Jay-Z (…yes, I like this better than Reasonable Doubt and Blueprint Vol. 1)
Midnight Marauders – A Tribe Called Quest
Songs about Girls – Will.I.Am.

Now, I know what you are thinking…that’s why I said non-traditional. How hard is it to say that I like Reasonable Doubt and Blueprint from Jay-Z? How hard is it to say Ready to Die and Life after Death were great albums from BIG? Not to forget that All Eyez on Me from Tupac made me want to be a thug…even though I’m not.

I think if kids would read more books, they would know that it isn’t that hard to rhyme hater with hater…or that a song called Booty Meat may not be the best thing to play around your 2 year old…


I’m just saying.


Be Safe or Be Smitten!

3 comments:

Liz said...

you are stupid! but you have some valid points... however, you know how i feel about lil wayne... so leave him alone!

no worries about messin stuff up... just go with it...

and booty meat around 2 year olds is funny!!

Mz.Sullivan said...

You forgot "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill". The title is so deep, prolific. I miss her. Well the other twin..she is a Gemini. oh, by the way, your boy Jon, is performing Friday, June 6th at Buddha. The flyer is superdope.

Chris said...

I'll give you that...I forgot about that one.