CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

We're Stuck in this Plastic Life

Is it wrong to not be excited about news? I mean, I had a friend call me yesterday and her news was interesting, but it didn’t feel that exciting. It was more like, “Why do I feel more concerned about your life than you do?” It was weird. It was an opportunity that sounds like it could be good…but it was completely illogical to me. If you are an auto mechanic, do you think you’d get the opportunity to develop new flavors of Jell-O?



I’m thinking no.


So why in the world if someone makes you an offer to do something that you have NO idea how to do would you feel so positive about it? It would just make me feel kinda funky; or at least weary. Even if they sent you doc showing you that it is legit…wouldn’t you consider that I could send you a “degree” right now from Ballsack University that looks real?





Or a contract that has been notarized already?





I don’t get it. I thought that whole; “If it seems to be too good to be true, it is” phrase was still in style…I guess it isn’t. Don’t get me wrong, if it is on the up and up, and it makes her happy, I’m all for it…but right now, there are too many holes in her cheese to make it stand alone.





I'm all for escaping and leaving your normal surroundings in order to initiate growth...but come on?



Be Safe or Be Smitten.


…that isn’t just a tagline.

2 comments:

Liz said...

you're hatin!!!

Keli said...

Someone's mom never told them that they should always read the fine print.