CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Beggar

...is a song by Mos Def on second CD, The New Danger...the link is in the title if you are interested.


I was listening to the song today accidentally, well, not really...my iPod was on shuffle...but anyway, it's just how I felt yesterday after the resolve swept itself over my face...the sound of the music, the drums...the emotion in his voice...makes you feel like whomever he is doing this song for can't hear it...and that's how I felt yesterday; and it's how I feel today.

I wish I had something cool to talk about today, but besides watching the first season of Dexter, not much is going on with me.

Well, here is something:

I was talking with one of my friends the other day, and they were telling me about this chick that got fired because management didn't like her hair. They didn't like this chick's hair because it was "too curly". Outraged, right? That's so racist, right???


She is white.

Not even Jewish white, but like, I have family from all of the important European countries white...my grandma went to school with Mother Hubbard white...

I was so amazed at the fact that someone white, a white woman at that, was fired because of her hair...I honestly couldn't stop laughing for 9.46 minutes...it was hilarious...

Be Safe or Be Smitten.

2 comments:

Young woman on a journey said...

I bet this is just the beginning. They had to fire a white girl so when they do it to black people no one will have the right to call it racist. sounds mad suspect....

Liz said...

dexter is fantastic! i'm soooo glad you are getting caught up!

and you are silly for laughing at the chick... that is pretty ironic though. i have a question... did they TELL her that her hair was too curly?