CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Ohhh Baby I like it Raw!!

So like most negros...I never had REAL sushi before. Like, I've tried a California roll from like, the grocery store...but nothing authentically prepared before my eyes...so here is my experience at


Tsukasa, pronounced SU-Casa...you know, your house...I thought the title was cute. Anyway, this was a total different experience for me. Well, for one, I've never been on a real business lunch. For two, this was to celebrate my awesomeness...that's new, well, at least for a company to do...and for three?

Well, I ate seaweed.


Surprisingly, it was really good. The director of my department kept emphasising the word texture. Like,

"The food is really interesting to taste, the textures keep you interested in the new types of flavors."

He's cool though, he drives a Corvette, and he listens to Seal...so he can't be that bad, huh?

My co-workers Kim



and Kelly



seemed to enjoy themselves too...Kelly more than Kim. Kim was a little picky about the stuff she wanted to actually try. Like, she would say she didn't like it, but she didn't actually eat it yet...odd.

Anyway, here is the sampler we had...



We had some potstickers on the bottom left, salmon top left, shrimp, greenbean, sweet potato, and squash tempura on the middle top, Japanese pickles on the top right, and vege and tuna california rolls on the bottom...wasabi and ginger in the middle...it was good stuff. I also had this other stuff called the pink dragon, and that was amazing...and I had a 911 tuna roll...that was hot...literally.

It was good though. My direct manager chickened out and ate stirfry:



I didn't cheat though, I used chopsticks and everything...



I really enjoyed myself though...I might go back this weekend with Liz; we'll see.

Oh yeah...I did have one pick of myself eating something.



Happy 4th!

4 comments:

Liz said...

YUM! i love good sushi... sounds fun!!

and i am STILL on the same call in case you were wondering

Mz.Sullivan said...

lmfao!!! Texture?! Loves it! For some reason when I eat sushi, and drink plum wine...I get real dizzy for the rest of the day. Try it. Watch!

Keli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keli said...

I love Tsucasa! Hyashi (I think that's how you spell it) is good too.