CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 18, 2008

I'm so Fly you tried to check me for Wings...

I just listened to "The Commercial" by Lupe on Fake Shore Drive...it was a good listen...but it made me think of something...why do people in the "urban community" aka black people live to be fly? Why do we have to have the "best" of everything and struggle for our necessities? I mean, I know that goes hand in hand with being ignorant...but so many do this. If it were a plague we'd all be dead; I know I've done that at least once or twice...and I know plenty who have done the same. I mean, is it something deep or are we just stupid?


I'm starting to think it has something to do with showing other types of people...the "non minority" that we are successful. That we have something we don't...but they are the ones that put it out into the world, ridding us of our cash...which keeps us in the category of the "have nots"...

...so as a people, it's a decision that we have to make:

Should we live for the now, knowing that tomorrow is not promised or should we stack to the future, because nothing is guaranteed? That question in itself defies itself because if we save for tomorrow knowing that tomorrow is not promised, doesn't that make us foolish?

Can anyone answer this question? Am I the only one wondering which is the best? I mean, within reason of course.



On a completely different note....Check out this video of Kenna live w/Pharrell on the drums and Chad Hugo on the keys...dopeness!

0 comments: